In the global modern business world — especially with the continued development of digital communications and network technologies — the importance of protecting your trademarks as the conceptual embodiment of your product or service is ever increasing, both nationally and internationally. As the Internet and other global distribution channels enable businesses to market themselves to a worldwide audience, the ability to protect marks, trade dress, product designs and brand identities is of crucial importance.
Szaferman Lakind has extensive experience in all commercial areas concerning trademarks as well as the related areas of trade dress, domain names and unfair competition. We provide a full range of legal services related to trademark and service marks, including:
- Counseling clients on branding strategies and the initial selection of a mark or design;
- Conducting trademark availability searches and opinions on “right/freedom to use,” infringement and enforceability issues, from basic “knock-out” to full U.S. availability searches;
- Preparing and prosecuting trademark registration applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including ex partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (the “TTAB”);
- Litigating or otherwise resolving inter partes Opposition and Cancellation proceedings before the TTAB;
- Litigating trademark infringement, trade dress infringement, dilution, unfair competition and false advertising cases in the state and federal courts;
- Prosecuting and resolving domain name disputes; and
- Preparing and negotiating licenses, con-current use and other trademark-based agreements.
Now, more than ever, proper, effective and strategic global branding and positioning is crucial. Turn to Szaferman Lakind with its premier global trademark practice area for all of your trademark needs.