Bruce M. Sattin
Bruce M. Sattin
Bruce M. Sattin has over 40 years of experience helping clients with commercial and residential real estate transactions, zoning and land use, general business and corporate law, trusts and estates, and bankruptcy law.
Bruce has a varied practice. He represents:
• Regional and community banks in negotiating and closing commercial loans, working out loans in default and handling bankruptcy litigation involving their borrowers;
• Purchasers and sellers of real estate in negotiating and closing transactions;
• Owners financing or refinancing properties or seeking development approvals;
• Landlords and tenants of commercial properties in negotiating commercial leases;
• Entrepreneurs setting up, expanding, buying, selling or financing their businesses;
• Nonprofit organizations incorporating and obtaining §501(c)(3) tax-exempt status;
• Individuals and businesses seeking debt relief in bankruptcy;
• Businesses filing claims in bankruptcy cases or defending preference actions; and
• Persons in need of estate planning and probating estates.
Bruce has been with Szaferman Lakind since 2002 and is a Partner in our Business Group. He is licensed to practice law in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York. Bruce is a former Trustee of the Real Estate Section of the Mercer County Bar Association.
Bruce is active in his community. He has been Chairman of the Yardley Borough Zoning Hearing Board and a member of the Yardley Borough Cablevision Board. He is a Board Member of Better Community Housing of Trenton, an organization providing opportunities for low and moderate income housing in Trenton, and is a former Board Member and Vice-President of Abrams Hebrew Academy in Yardley. He also served as a District Justice in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
Areas of Practice
Commercial Real Estate
Trusts and Estates
Zoning and Land Use
Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1975 J.D.
University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, 1973 M.S.
Major: Botany and Ecology
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1970 B.A.
Major: Natural Sciences
Bordentown Real Estate Associates, LLC v. Dir., Div. of Taxation, 24 N.J. Tax 561 (2009).
Flett Associates v. S.D. Catalano, Inc., 361 N.J. Super. 127 (App. Div. 2003).
Past Employment Positions:
Kessler, Tutek, Gladselter, Sattin & Gallagher, Former Partner
Eastampton Township Land Use Planning Board, Former Solicitor
Lumberton Township Planning Board, Former Solicitor
Former District Justice: Boroughs of Yardley and Morrisville and Lower Makefield Township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania