Careers at Szaferman Lakind
At Szaferman Lakind we seek to provide “true counsel” – a commitment to efficient, ethical and creative solutions for our clients. We do so with compassion, respect and professionalism. Qualities we seek when hiring staff.
Szaferman Lakind is a dynamic, highly respected and multi-faceted firm with practices in family law, personal injury, business and litigation. We provide an environment where professionals are supported, talent nurtured and opportunities for growth provided.
We provide competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and paid time off.
If you are interested in a career at Szaferman Lakind please contact our Business Administrator, Robert Sheehan at email@example.com.
Our current opportunities are listed below.
The firm is seeking candidates who are admitted to practice in New Jersey with a minimum of 2 years litigation experience. Superior research and writing skills are essential, as well as experience in discovery, motion practice, depositions and court appearances. Clerkship experience is preferred, but not required.
Legal Assistant (Family Law)
Szaferman, Lakind, Blumstein & Blader, seeks a Legal Assistant in their family law practice. Candidates should be self-starters and team players with the ability to work productively in a dynamic work environment.
• Collecting and organizing legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
• Drafting and proofreading correspondence and legal documents.
• Managing client billing
• Scheduling meetings, interviews, and depositions
• Managing, organizing, and maintaining documents in paper and electronic filing systems
Qualifications/Skills for Legal Assistant are as follows:
• Detail-oriented and highly organized
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work professionally with clients
• Ability to work independently, manage large workloads, and meet deadlines
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• Experience as an administrative assistant (preferably in a law firm or in a corporate legal department), legal assistant, legal secretary, or paralegal
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, WordPerfect.
• Experience working with Juris preferable, not required.